I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

With a Glad Heart

From the World Spirit Tarot, the Seeker (Knight) of Pentacles; from the Mystic Glyphs, Friends:

          This dependable young man is described as someone who "carries out his tasks without complaint and serves others with a glad heart." Adding his qualities to the 'Friends' card makes me contemplate whether I'm as dependable in growing and nurturing friendships. Do I:

  • Use friends as a crisis counselor or therapist primarily, or am I interested in their lives, celebrating their joys and accomplishments?
  • Make excuses for not following through on commitments, or am I loyal and trustworthy (including being able to keep a secret)?
  • Expect my friends to have ESP and know what I need, or do I communicate my feelings and ask for help?
  • Feel threatened when they make major changes in their lives, or do I support them?
  • Expect them to agree with all my opinions and perspectives, or do I still respect them and try to see and learn something from their viewpoint?
  • Talk more than I listen, or do I listen more than I talk?
  • Judge them for not meeting my standards, or do I forgive and consider my own mistakes?
  • Expect them to row the boat of this friendship, or do I take one oar as we make the effort together?

2 comments:

  1. In addition to listening, I'd add ask. Sometimes I think Rob barely knows me because he doesn't ask anything and I seldom bother to tell. Weird that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suddenly I' hearing Julie Andrews sing, "Getting to know you, getting to know all about you..." :)
      That's a good point. I know quite a few marriages that have busted up because neither partner was interested in what the other partner was doing or how they thought about things.

      Delete