I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

A Key to Sanity

From the Buckland Romani Tarot, the Three of Koros/Cups; from the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards, 'Sweat Lodge:'
Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life. ~Amy Poehler 

          As a young child, I was lucky to have my cousins next door to play with, twins a year older and their older sister. The oldest alternated between pretending to be a preacher or a teacher; the wide steps of my grandmother's house designated our grade or the pews of a church. The twins and I played beauty shop one day, cutting my hair above my ears. Scissors were well hidden after this venture. We no longer live close to each other, but we still get together each summer and renew our bond that comes not from shared opinions but from the simple love we have for each other. The Sweat Lodge signifies cleansing and purification that bring us back into balance. My grown-up friends help me do this, reminding me that I am stronger and more resourceful than I think. We share each other's burdens, offer different perspectives and celebrate each person's success.  I heartily agree with the words of Lois Wyse: "A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world."

4 comments:

  1. did the older cousin grow up to be a hierophant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have your 'tribes,' different tribes through your walk of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good support when life goes wonky or when it's wonderful! :)

      Delete