I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Rage and Intolerance

From the Buckland Romani Tarot, Strength; from the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards, the 'Mole:'
         This Roma woman seems not a bit scared by the teeth and roar of this bear. It symbolizes her inner self - the part that feels rage and righteous indignation or the low simmering of frustration and intolerance. It takes courage to look at this side of ourselves, the ruthlessness that bubbles up with a desire to obliterate and completely silence the other. Yet the calmness she expresses suggests she realizes this is just an intense surge of energy that will dissipate if she doesn't feed it with mental stories. Mole, with its barely discernable eyes and ears, has powerful forepaws that make it suitable for subterranean living. Though its eyes only distinguish between light and dark, it has an acute sense of hearing and a sensitivity to touch. Its message is to view the person that causes our emotional reaction through a different lens. Rather than seeing them as an obstacle to our agenda, we can remember they are simply an imperfect human, just as we are. From that perspective, any respectful communication we attempt will have a better chance of being heard.   

2 comments:

  1. I remind myself many times, that I am not perfect. If I was I would maybe live on a mountaintop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine if I were perfect then I would see people in a softer light than I sometimes do.

      Delete