I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Exceptional Days

This week I'll be using the Buckland Romani Tarot, created by Lissanne Lake and Raymond Buckland; this book and deck set was published by Galde Press. Along with it, I'll be using the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards, created by Chief Archie Fire Lame Deer and Helene Sarkis; this deck and book set was published by Inner Traditions. Today's draws are the Ten of Bolers/Wagon Wheels (Pentacles) and 'Water:'
 Our life is what our thoughts make it.     
~Marcus Aurelius
          I believe many of us often have exceptional days in our lives like this Roma family - a safe place to live, food to eat, a companion or two and the wonders of nature to admire. But usually, some small frustration appears, like a long wait or an annoying phone call. Suddenly that is all we can see, ponder on, and talk about. We lose our perspective as we focus not on all the good around us, but on this one irritation that has suddenly mushroomed into a mountain. The verse for the Water card reads:
I am clarity and purity; therefore I am cleansing.
I am liquid and flowing; therefore I am change.
I bring forth life; therefore I am creativity.
I sustain life; therefore I am nurturing.
It's time for a mind cleanse when our focus becomes so narrow. We can change our thoughts by using our creative imagination, bringing back memories of joyful times in the past and reliving them. We can look with fresh eyes at all that nurtures us that we have taken for granted. If we do this regularly, we might be surprised to find just how many exceptional days we've been given.

2 comments: