I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, September 6, 2019

Finding the Pearl

From the Gill Tarot, the Fool; from The Circle, Nurture:

Why then the world's mine oyster,
Which I with sword will open.
~ William Shakespeare

          Shakespeare's quote popped into my head this morning when I saw this fellow gleefully walking off the edge of a cliff with a globe in his hands. Oysters can supply nourishment and on rare occasions a pearl, but it takes a little digging to get them open. With all the positivity fueling this free spirit, he would likely consider any effort just an adventure. It seems to take much more work to be an optimist than a pessimist these days. Primarily, I must look beyond my personal concerns and search out what is beautiful, awe-inspiring and heart-warming. It's there if I'm willing to dig it out. The Nurture card reminds me this attitude can develop further if I care for it by nourishing it with good rather than toxic things. My husband and I are heading to the four-year-old's preschool this morning for Grandparent's Day. That should be a hoot and a help.

4 comments:

  1. an oyster can be opened with a sword, but having just spent five hours disassembling a mountain with an oyster knife, I'd put my money on the oyster knife anytime!
    Have a happy hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing about the sword vs. the knife! :)

      Delete
  2. Oysters, yuck. To each their own. Enjoy your Grandparent day adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I used to eat them, I could only eat them cooked, not raw, and washed down with a lot of beer. :D

      Delete