I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Maturity Lesson #2

From the Golden Tarot, the Ace of Coins; from the Yantra Deck, Patience:
          Another Ace, this one an opportunity to develop maturity in the physical realm. What might that look like?
  • I would give my body the rest, nutrition and exercise it needs. I would recognize that aging, sickness and death is a natural part of life, therefore I won't expect my body to look or perform now as it did in my twenties or thirties. I would adapt to these changes as best as I'm able rather than resent them. 
  • I would be mindful of my spending, not following every whim or wish (especially if I'm simply bored or looking to change my mood). While I don't have to squeeze every penny until Lincoln yells 'ouch,' I can recognize what is sufficient and what is simply excess. There are times for spending on fun and pleasure, but not if it causes problems when the bills come due.
  • I would be a good steward of what I own, taking care of my home, car and other items that serve and support me just as my body does.
  • I would be mindful of how I spend time - as the lily's blooms in the card imply, I only have a limited amount of it. Work, play and rest are all important to balance out in the measured time I have.
Patience is calm endurance, not grinding my teeth so I don't give someone a head slap. It requires that I drop my demands and expectations. It is an excellent opportunity to become mindful so that I'm aware of the way in which I spend my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment