I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, December 30, 2019

Learn, Don't Lean

From the Mary-El Tarot, the Wheel of Fortune; from the OH Cards, Dismember/Fail:
          White describes the Wheel of Fortune as "the ever-changing nature of life and the perfection of struggle." Today I am celebrating a recovery birthday - 32 years. When I look back at the past, I see how conditions shaped my choices, and how those choices first helped me survive but later nearly destroyed me. I am grateful for the chance encounter with someone who showed me another path and those who encouraged and supported me as I attempted to walk that road. Life is ever-changing, but today I have some spiritual tools in the hub of that Wheel that help me navigate them. The Dismember/Fail cards remind me that trying to forget my past is neither helpful nor healthy. The "perfection of struggle" doesn't mean I make only wise decisions, but by remembering the choices of my past and their consequences, I can choose not to repeat them.

You must learn from your past mistakes, but not lean on your past successes. ~Denis Waitley


2 comments:

  1. Thankfully you found the courage and support to change the direction of your life. I am glad and I am sure so are many more are who share a relationship with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a deep sense of gratitude. Only about 7% make it - not very good odds.

      Delete