I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Mining Wisdom

From the Tarot of the Crone, the Two of Swords; from the Transforming Dragons deck, Luling:
          A fully cloaked figure stands in front of a mirror; the reflection symbolizes outer appearances while the covering represents looking within. I can see myself in this card as I make dozens of choices about tile type and color, paint color, faucet style, etc. There is the nudge to go with what's popular yet also a pull to go with what I like personally (and will have to live with). Luling is the dragon of illuminated wisdom, or as Buddhists would say, the luminous mind. When we find a place of inner calm, where there is curiosity rather than categories and labels, there is wisdom to be mined. I've listened to the helpful advice of my wonderful contractor, but I'm going with my own choices (which sometimes mirror his). After all, this is my sacred space, not a cover shoot for House Beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. You have to live there. Choose what fits and works for you. Otherwise you will doing it all over again in short order. Home is our respite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be doing this again unless forced to, lol. But you are right - it should please the people who live here, not the visitors.

      Delete