I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Stop the Clock

This week I'll be using the Delta Enduring Tarot, created and self-published by Bridgette Egan. Along with it, I'll be drawing from the Southernisms Oracle (a deck I created based on sayings I grew up with). Today's draws are the Three of Oysters (Cups) and 'Til the cows come home:'
          Who's got your back? Who doesn't care whether you shave your legs, are wearing makeup, or have your comfy clothes on? I was brought up in a home that was a dysfunctional disaster on the inside, but punished severely those who left the house without 'looking presentable.' It's a relief to have friends who care more about how kind I am than my outward appearance. As Donald Miller once said, "When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are." The saying 'til the cows come home' refers to the slow, unhurried pace of cows (unless they're being chased). At the end of a day, they slowly plod back to the barn. If something is said to continue ‘til the cows come home, it’s going to go on for a very long time. Looking at the fun these ladies seem to be having on their picnic, it might do them all a world of good to ignore the clock and let their enjoyment and laughs wash the stress right out of them.

4 comments:

  1. What a very good way to spend our days, though my days of getting down and sitting on a blanket are over, a patio table and chairs is a perfectly wonderful gathering place as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,I've been advised to not sit on the ground or floor either, but that doesn't have to spoil our fun!

      Delete
  2. oh, for crying upstairs in a bucket.
    do you want some cheese with that whine?
    Looking forward to seeing your creativeness this week. And no one would ever call me kind, but I hope to achieve thoughtful once in a while.

    ReplyDelete