I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Immense Treasure

From the Fey Tarot, the Ten of Pentacles; from the I Misteri Sibilla, Riunione (Eight of Clubs):


          A family of fey sit around a coin-shaped table topped by a single candle. No bags of gold or feasts are in evidence, yet they seem content. This past year has dramatically changed many people's priorities. I don't hear too many folks bragging about their new iPhone or luxury car these days. Most people feel blessed if they and their loved ones are healthy, and if they still have an income, a home, and food in the cupboard. To use the words of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, it's been a stark reminder: "Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least." Riunione (reunion) shows a chance meeting of old friends. Good friends and family, though we've been physically separated, have kept me sane and on an even keel as I navigated the losses, heartaches and challenges of this past year. What an immense, undeserved treasure I've been given.


4 comments:

  1. I try to treasure what I have, not mourn what I've lost, but I need to remember those losses, in order to treasure what I have. 10's in a nutshell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree; it's good to see the panoramic view, not just focus on a small slice of it.

      Delete