I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Truth is not Belief

From the Fey Tarot, the Ten of Swords; from the I Misteri Sibilla, Falsehood (Four of Diamonds):

Truth is complete in itself. Truth has a strong foundation in itself. It is bold, it has no fears. It has no limit of space or time. It is a fearless, free bird in the sky. It does not care for status. It is wealth in itself. Truth stands even when there is no public support. ~Sivananda

          This Fey, under the emblem of Truth, finds herself disintegrating and her sword breaking. Reality can be harsh when we figure out that the beliefs we've clung to are not the same as truth. Those who are wise will acknowledge their error and accept what is authentic and factual. Yet there are others, as the Falsita card illustrates, who prefer to keep spinning lies and telling others what they want to hear. I've heard a number of acquaintances who were on Facebook are now moving to MeWe. Their reason is that they want free speech. What underlies the nice outer wrapping is that they prefer no one to moderate them, giving them a chance to spew all the hatred, falsehoods and divisiveness they want. I'm pretty sure they won't enjoy it for long. Trolls prefer to bait people and stir up trouble - if they're all on the same site, they'll be no one to hook. 


4 comments:

  1. Time to rethink the whole "who am I?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or even if the foundation I'm standing on is as solid as I think, or really just shifting sand.

      Delete
  2. I believed my big brother had a weather button in his pocket for years. Because I trusted what he told me. Early lesson...check facts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is often easier to just believe than check for evidence.

      Delete