I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 1, 2021

New Year, New Intentions

From the Primordial Tarot, the Mother (Empress); from the Wisdom of the Forest, Grow:


The Mother/Empress and Grow cards are an auspicious pair to draw for the first day of 2021. The Mother encourages us to create, nurture and love while Grow suggests that we not become complacent but continue to expand our heart and mind. In the words of Rumi, "Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."

In this new year,
may my daily intentions be 
the pursuit of wisdom, kindness and compassion.
May I choose to act with tolerance and patience,
realizing all have been shaped by life, sometimes harshly.
May I seek to be of service
rather than spend life chasing one pleasure after another.
May I seek to learn from others
and appreciate all the beautiful diversity in this world.
May I see my part in any harm or heartache;
rather than focusing the blame on others,
may I be willing to ask for forgiveness
making restitution wherever possible.
And above all,
may I never forget to tell those I know or meet,
you are loved,
you are loved,
you are loved.

Happy New Year





4 comments:

  1. ahh... the aroma of a new year, always exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our neighborhood was full of the sound of fireworks until the wee hours of the morning. I think folks were trying to make sure the old year left!

      Delete
  2. May the year ahead be filled with love and joy.

    ReplyDelete