I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Unconventional Joy

 From the Alchemical Renewed Tarot, the Three of Swords; from the Oracle of the Radiant Sun, Eccentricity (Saturn in Aquarius):

We should not be afraid of suffering. We should be afraid of only one thing, and that is not knowing how to deal with our suffering.
—Thich Nhat Hanh

          This heart-shaped vessel has sprung a leak - likely the result of those swords crammed inside of it. Life is full of harsh words, events and situations that hurt our heart. What occurred is the original sword that causes our pain, but we continue to add thoughts that add to our suffering: "How could I have been so stupid? I will never find another friend like her. My life is empty now that he's gone." Those added thoughts and emotions - our mental story around the circumstances - create secondary pain that makes everything seem and feel so much worse. The taskmaster Saturn combines with the nontraditional altruism of Aquarius in the Radiant Sun card. It suggests meaningful change that might look weird or seem strange to others. But if it helps us move through our pain rather than add to it, why worry?

 We must be unconventional in our joys and find them wherever we can.
― Rose Tremain

4 comments:

  1. the 'oh woe is me' answer of meaningful change is an interesting take on Saturn in Aquarius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Saturn/Aquarius take on 'woe is me' would not be meaningful change but simply status quo; it would advocate doing something different in a nontraditional way. :)

      Delete
  2. one of my favorite pastimes is 'yanking Rob's chain'. I look at our Aquarian figure and see my yanking my own tail, ending up faceplant :) Been there done that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I can relate. Got to be careful that my joy doesn't infringe upon another's.

      Delete