I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

A Fall and a Reunion

From the Gill Tarot, the Tower; from The Circle deck, Intention:


          My first thought upon seeing this card was "a fall from grace." I don't mean this in the same way as organized religion, but in the mindset of forgetting that my personal knowledge and will power won't allow me to control others or protect me from the natural laws of this physical world. I easily forget how much I depend on all the other beings on this wonderful planet that is my home. As Dharmavidya David Brazier explains, "Grace provides the framework within which a meaningful life is lived. Love is the substance of it day to day." Grace reunites me with life and gives me a purpose that is not self-centered. The Intention card suggests that I use a blueprint to guide and remind me of my chosen framework. When I get up in a grumpy mood or with an emotional hangover, it's easy to forget what is important. Yet as with blueprints, I'm rarely going to follow my intentions to the letter. But they can at least point me in the right direction and remind me of my purpose.

as the moon sets
and the sun rises
may i begin my day
awake.

may i move through
each moment
mindfully
lightly
and with clarity.

a heart
bursting with love,
a mind
propped open,

may i shine
to lessen
the darkness
of
another being's
suffering.

―Mary Jane Dodd
 (my personal morning intention)


2 comments:

  1. you are an extension on of me today. good thinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that. :)
      Though I would never claim to be omniscient or omnipotent, at times my mind likes to try to convince me otherwise. :D

      Delete