I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Raising a Glass

From the Urban Tarot, the Three of Cups; from the Principles to Live By oracle, Acceptance:

We were together. I forget the rest. ― Walt Whitman

          The Three of Cups represents the abundance of joy found in camaraderie. I've found old pictures that showed celebrations that reminded of that feeling found in togetherness. Like Whitman, the details might be fuzzy, but I remember the delight and fun. While those events might be far in the past, Cynthia Rowley reminds me that "There's always an excuse to celebrate someone you love." Acceptance shows an open palm, suggesting a willingness to be receptive to what is. As I get older, many of the holidays, birthdays and anniversaries I would like to celebrate are missing the honoree. Father's Day was a good example; my second step-dad had a big heart and readily welcomed me and my family under his umbrella. Even though he's been gone many years now, I decided I could hold a personal observance in his honor. It warmed my heart and filled it with gratitude, just as if he were still here. Raising a glass to you, Papa Paul.

4 comments: