I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, April 7, 2023

Crack the Egg

From the Dark Goddess Tarot, the Four of Earth (Pentacles); from the Tattwa Cards, Ether/Seed of Ether:

How you define your life limits you.
~Ellen Lorenzi-Prince

I've got a sick cat, a husband with kidney stones and jury duty; I am overwhelmed. Yet the sphinx asks me a riddle: "How are your words limiting you?" I'd have to answer that my focus is on what I lack (my challenges) and not my resources. And saying "I am" rather than "I feel" makes those walls closing in around me seem even more impenetrable. Yet Ether/Seed of Ether represents rebirth, a message to expand my horizon (my mindset) and start again. I am reminded by these cards of a verse by Mark Nepo:

Sometimes, when things
break, life begins. It still hurts.
But when the egg cracks, the
chick is born. When the dam
breaks, the fields finally grow.
―Mark Nepo


No comments:

Post a Comment