I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Showing Up

From the Urban Tarot, the Nine of Cups; from the Principles to Live By, Trustworthiness:
Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them. ~Dhammapada 1:2 

A group of people have gathered at Fort Washington Park for some fun and relaxation. I appreciate that Scott created an everyday image for this card. I have been in beautiful and exciting places and been miserable, yet I have also been in simple settings with a full heart. In each case, a large part of it was the company of folks with me. The right people, I've found, can make the even the ordinary a memorable, happy experience. The star represents Trustworthiness, the trait of being dependable and responsible. As Samuel Johnson put it, "Hell is paved with good intentions." Those joyful moments come when I follow through and show up; simply saying the words is as lasting as a ripple in a stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment