I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, November 19, 2023

A Great Idea

This week I'll be using the Rosetta Tarot along with its companion book The Book of Seshet. This set was created by M.M. Meleen and published by Atu House. The oracle deck I'll be using is the Day of the Dead Lenormand, created and self-published by Edmund Zebrowski. Today's draws are the Ace of Swords and Bouquet:


To celebrate someone else’s life, we need to find a way to look at it straight on, not from above with judgment or from below with envy.
― Sharon Salzberg

Meleen explains that the lightning bolts above the sword hint at synapses and neural activity; she suggests the mind is a power that can be used for good or evil. It's force can be focused on the three poisons (greed, hatred, delusion) or the three antidotes (generosity, kindness, wisdom) in our daily encounters. Bouquet implies well-wishes and reminds me of a wedding bouquet that is carried during the ceremony and then tossed afterward to friends and family. It is a symbolic way of saying, "I'm happy, and wish this happiness for you." Now that's a great idea. 

3 comments:

  1. I always call the Ace of Swords the “Reach” card. (Judy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your physical reach is beginning to improve! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some improvement, so I’m still hoping to draw popcorn in a few days. (Judy)

      Delete