I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, November 5, 2023

We, Not Me

This week I'll be using the Anima Mundi Tarot, created and self-published by Megan Wyreweden. Paired with it will be the Nature's Pharmacy deck, created by New York Botanical Garden and published by Chronicle Books. Today's draws are the Knight of Pentacles and Arnica:

We, the People, recognize that we have responsibilities as well as rights; that our destinies are bound together... ~Barack Obama

This Knight of Pentacles is illustrated with a gray wolf, an animal loyal and dedicated to his mate and pack. Is he standing guard as a protector or is he searching for food as a hunter? Either way, he is constantly alert as his clan depends on him. This Knight embodies commitment and duty without wavering; he knows there is no ease or well-being for anyone if his focus is solely self-centered. Arnica is a part of the sunflower family; its name is likely derived from the Greek arni ("lamb") because of its soft, hairy leaves. Arnica gel has been used as an application to the skin for osteoarthritis. It reminds this dutiful Knight that he must soften his own agenda and allow others to help him. It's a we effort, not a me effort.


4 comments:

  1. I love these two decks but haven’t used them for a while. I will enjoy seeing them on your blog this week. (Judy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used this pair in a while either, but I always enjoy it when I do.
      Still waiting on the library book!

      Delete
    2. I’m still painting Christmas cards, so haven’t been working on other stuff. Gee, are they using the pony express to deliver your book? I have decided that I’d like to do either the sliced mushrooms or the popcorn tutorial. (Judy)

      Delete