I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, June 14, 2013

One Moment at a Time

From the Nigel Jackson Tarot, the Fool:
I'm convinced the cat is waiting for the Fool to go off the edge first, so she'll have a soft landing when she jumps.  But the Fool doesn't worry about such strategies; he continues to walk right off the cliff without a second thought.  To have such a childlike trust is almost incomprehensible to me.  I was reading an excerpt from a book by Rami Shapiro who said that faith didn't have anything to do with belief, rather it was "the willingness to surrender to reality."  To me, that describes perfectly the Fool's mindset.  This pure soul takes each day as it comes without regretting the past or worrying about the future.  He's happy and content to live in each moment.

The roll of the dice produced the Sabian Symbol "Taurus 14:"
On the beach, children play while shellfish grope at the edge of he water.
I can remember walking along the beach early in the morning with my daughter when she was just a toddler.  Every pebble and shell she discovered was the most amazing thing ever; for her, nothing was boring or worrisome.  I enjoyed the relaxing sound of the waves as I watched her play.  This symbol is a reminder to rest in whatever harmony and peace I can find, to live and let live.  I don't have to do something about everything - in fact it's an impossibility.  All I have to do is take one moment at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment