I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cutting the Mustard

This week I'll be using the Gaian Tarot LE, created and published by Joanna Powell Colbert.  Today's draw is the Guardian of Air (Queen of Swords):
Atop a mountain, a snowy owl flies overhead as a woman plays a crystal singing bowl. I have a metal Tibetan bowl, and when it is played, the sound grows in strength and vibrates the stick until it rattles against the bowl's side. The Guardian of Air encourages me to make sure I don't stumble and mumble when I speak; I need to make sure I state clearly what I mean without worrying about who I rattle. I can be tactful, but my words should be truthful. Yet before I open my mouth, I need to take a look at myself. Like the pellets of fur and bone the owl expels after eating, this bird tells me I am also holding onto a pattern of thinking that is not beneficial. It will be helpful to replace this worn out template I've been using before I attempt to say what's on my mind.

The second deck I'll be using this week is the Goddess Oracle, created by Amy Sophia Marashinsky and Hrana Janto and published by Element Books.  This morning's card is "Shakti:"

Shakti is actually inseparable from her counterpart Siva; Shakti is the imminent/manifest component of this energy and Siva is the transcendent part. Imagine a soul trying to create in this world without a body - it would be impossible. Shakti is what gives this force shape and form so that it can physically exist - she is the container. I am reminded by this card to be aware of the "container" I use for my words. Tone, body language and the words I choose can change the meaning of what I say from compassionate to passive-aggressive, from humble to condescending. The line "I'm not rude, I'm just honest" is not going to cut it.

2 comments:

  1. Nor does 'can't you take a joke'. Which always follows something deliberately mean or cruel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, the old "Where's your sense of humor?" Funny how that always applies to others and not the one making the comments.

      Delete