I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Crystal Balls and Lottery Numbers

Today I unintentionally drew two cards, but because they were such opposites I decided to use both (I actually drew them in the reverse order from how they were scanned). From the Nigel Jackson Tarot, the Five and Ten of Coins:
On the left is a happy family with a lavish home, luxurious clothes and harvested grain in the fields. On the right is another family living on the street; they wear tattered clothes and don't know from where the next meal is coming. Looking at the Five of Pentacles, I see three well-dressed people in the background with their backs turned, as if they are trying hard not to notice the poor in the streets. I consider myself blessed that I fall somewhere on the continuum between these two cards, neither excessively rich or poor. I wonder if the rich family has a secret fear that one day they will lose everything and wind up in the streets too. Maybe that is why they try so hard to ignore the beggars as they pass by.

The roll of the dice this morning produced the Sabian Symbol "Aries 9:"
A seer gazes intently into a crystal ball before him.
I suppose it would be handy to have a crystal ball that could tell you what stocks to invest in for a great return, the winning numbers for the next big lottery, or the fastest horse to bet on. What any type of divination can tell me is to always expect one thing: change. The toggle switch will constantly slide between extremes; my best defense is to appreciate the good while I have it, but don't get attached to it. When the unexpected shows up, I can do what I need to survive and realize it won't last forever. This too will pass.

2 comments:

  1. that crystal ball is what I think of when in Your Readings they try so hard to tell the future and by extension shape it. If anything could do that we'd all be sitting on top of the world.

    And we'd be in huge demand :)

    ReplyDelete