I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Slippery Self-deception

From the Norse Tarot, the Seven of Cups:
Three dwarfs wake a man, offering seven cups full of possibilities of things that might fulfill him. Is he alert enough to make a rational choice? Sevens are about coming to a crossroads and having to make a decision about which way to go.  Hopefully before I make that choice, I'll look back at the results of my previous actions; I'll also take into account both the short-term and long-term consequences of my choice. With the Cups suit, emotion can be somewhat tricky to deal with. What may bring me short-term pleasure may ultimately conclude with long-term pain or struggle. It's not the dwarfs who will be responsible for deceiving the man, it's his own impractical, rose-colored dreams. Before making any major decisions, I need to rein in my emotions and let the muddy water in those cups settle.

From the Wolf Pack deck comes "Trickster:"
Instead of a wolf in sheep's clothing, here is something hiding under the fur of a wolf. There are times when I want something so badly, I'll ignore every red flag raised in order to shape it into the reality I desire. Of course, things never end well when I do this. Petro's card reminds me to keep my senses alert to situations that seem "off." Instead of reacting, I can watch and eventually catch the trickster in his or her true form.

No comments:

Post a Comment