I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Stick Together

This week I'll be using the Jolanda Tarot, created by Hans Arnold and published by AG Muller. The oracle I'll use with it is Bird Signs, created by G.G. Carbone and Mary Ruzicka and published by New World Library. Today's draws are the Empress and "Quail:"
 Instead of a cross-bearing orb (a symbol of world domination), the Empress holds an orb sprouting a leaf. She speaks loudly and clearly: "Grow something for others. Grow something that will feed not only the body, but the spirit too. We've got enough people already who care only about their own interests, whose main concern is what they're going to get out of life. But the joke's on them; you only get joy when you give it away."
The quail is found in groups called coveys, which emphasizes the Empress' other-centered message. The creators of the deck associate this bird with trust, which I think means I don't have to be focused on looking out for "number one." I am part of the whole; what I do for other folks will also benefit me.

5 comments:

  1. As you know I love this principle: "you only get joy when you give it away." The more you give it away the more joy you will have to give. So by giving you'll experience the infinite abundance of the Empress.
    Thank you for reminding me to share my joy :D
    PS how was you class yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our society drills in our heads the other way - this was a nice tap on the shoulder to remind me of what really matters. :)
      It was actually a meditation meeting (not class), so I led instead of taught. Nice mix of races, ages, and genders, which I like. There are some "regulars" coming now, so I hope this group will keep going. I think people are beginning to realize what a sanctuary meditation time can be. :)

      Delete
    2. "regulars" that's a good sign!
      I have to admit I'm not a regular lately in my own practice

      Delete
  2. Joy, trust and community, great messages for the summer solstice :)

    ReplyDelete