I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, June 20, 2014

Pour It In Me

From the Daniloff Tarot, the Four of Cups; from the Kwan Yin sticks, #73:
I've had  a lot of people I care deeply about dealing with some heavy stuff lately, and as usual, I've let their situations affect me. Like the guy in the card, I'm hanging on to let the tsunami wave pass. This fellow has joints like a puppet, suggesting that I've allowed myself to be controlled by my emotions rather than just experiencing them. Before I let go of that tree, I'm going to let that teapot pour some peace in my heart and mind to rejuvenate myself.
The verses for stick 73 read:
Sudden spring thunder wakes the insects and worms.
They sing together gaily and dance in a circle,
free from winter hibernation
deep in the earth.
I am often amazed at how tarot and other divination devices reflect real life. Yesterday evening, while the sun was still shining brightly, we had a sudden crack of thunder seemingly out of the blue. The lightning hit a substation, knocking out power for quite a long while. It pulled my family away from all our electronic devices, so we sat together, talked and laughed. Tonight, I'll be leading the meditation meeting, and the first type we'll be doing is a kirtan (singing as we sit in a circle). That teapot has already been pouring out its contents, but I'm just now realizing it.

5 comments:

  1. I am happy the tea tastes good,:D There is nothing so soothing as nice cup of tea. I hope the Kirtan singing will be as fulfilling as the last time with or without electricity (((sycamore)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen. :) I've got plenty to share if you're interested in a cup. :D

      Delete
    2. That would be lovely. With a little bit a sugar please :D

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, kirtan fills my heart, too :) I love your interpretation of that teapot and his pose, I would never have seen that. This, too, fills my heart with joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love kirtan and try to encourage others to try it. Rarely does it not produce a full heart that is filled with love and gratitude. It can take me out of whatever mood I'm in quickly. Glad to know there are others who feel the same way about it!

      Delete