I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Tiny Dragons, Stormy Seas

From the Daniloff Tarot, the Ace of Wands; from the Kwan Yin sticks, #19:
The little dragon on top of the wand reminds me of Mushu from the movie Mulan. His heart may be fired up, but physically he doesn't have much going on. The serpent and carved head on the staff both face in the same direction, seeming to be enamored with some idea. I can get this way too - so full of visions and dreams, but nothing with any meat on it. The lion that supports it all holds a tablet with writing, suggesting that if I want something to manifest somewhere other than my head, I'm going to have to make a plan and take some action. Otherwise my little inner dragon isn't going to grow.
Stick 19 is associated with the following verses:
A ferry returns, tossing and turning
in the deep valleys of a storm.
We can't call this stable or calm!
The steersman can do nothing.
His boat careens without a guide.
This part of the poem gives me a feeling of not having any control over a situation to the point of being overwhelmed and choosing to do nothing. But it also suggests my emotions are trying to steer rather than logic, so no wonder the boat is getting bashed by the storm. Perhaps I can't do anything about the rough waves, but I can keep a cool head while I continue to steer in the right direction (protecting my little dragon). Besides, no storm lasts forever.

2 comments:

  1. T.C. !!!
    This ace reminds me how I love to write about what I want. Sometimes while doing some free writing I come up with idea's or notions I didn't even knew I had. Perhaps this could be the first solid food for you baby dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true - putting pen to paper or typing things on the computer has a way of solidifying ideas so they can be put into action. My baby dragon thanks you. :D

      Delete