I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, June 12, 2014

No Whining, Just Doing

From the Golden Tarot, the King of Wands; from the Yantra Deck, "Communication:"
Hmmm... This king doesn't look too happy. He probably just had some employee show up who was making excuses for why he can't finish a project on time. I always think of the King of Wands as "The Closer." He has charisma and energy, but he uses these traits to get things completed. The Communication card reminds me of The Four Agreements written by Don Miguel Ruiz who said, "Be impeccable with your word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean." In combining these two draws, I am reminded of the promises I have made to friends and family over the past few days. I have no doubt that life will get busy, and I may regret some of those commitments. But the King would tell me I'm only as good as my word, so I should stop whining and get moving.

4 comments:

  1. I agree when you have let it come this far you have to fulfill your promises. Perhaps your next communication can start with an internal NO and then say: "let me think about it" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These aren't really "I can't say No" kinds of obligations. But sometimes I get caught up in, "but this seems WAY more fun than that..." :) Then I'm tempted to come up with excuses so I can do something else instead of just doing what I agreed to do.

      Delete
    2. It is hard to be your own parent :D"
      "first homework then play

      Delete