I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Forget the Soapbox

From the Tarot de St. Croix, the Magician, and from the Archetype Cards, the Rebel:
Lisa de St. Croix uses Rumi, the Sufi mystic, to represent the Magician. What a fantastic choice; here's a man whose poetry was written through his intense connection to the Divine. The Magician uses the resources at hand and his will (focused energy) to manifest his goals. This involves way more than wishing or positive affirmations, it involves action too. He reminds me that I have a huge role in the web that I weave which is my life. The Rebel is most likely a nudge for me to mind my manners while I'm with my extended family. Very few of them will share the same ideas I do about politics, religion, etc. I need to remember why I am here - to celebrate a family member - not to get on my soapbox. I have a choice of creating a wonderful weekend or a conflict-filled one.

4 comments:

  1. I am sure you will make the right choices and feel great afterwards."
    You'l be a rebel on holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel like a rebel on holiday, leaving all my usual responsibilities behind and just having fun!

      Delete
  2. Weaving a web of love by acknowledging and taming your differences, for the good of all. Hope you manage to enjoy the festivities, despite the delicate dance required of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all got along well, and no one over-stepped too far. When someone would present opinions I didn't agree with, I just sat and listened without joining in the conversation. :) Sometimes just keeping my mouth shut (especially when the topic is something unimportant) is my bet.

      Delete