I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, November 20, 2017

Spending or Spent

From the Wayfarer Tarot, the Four of Earth (Pentacles); from A Curious Oracle, 'Nazar:'
          Though most RWS versions of the Four of Pentacles show a miserly sort of fellow, the apple tree in this card suggests a healthy, common sense approach to my physical world. With one apple in her basket and the other three still hanging on the tree, the implication is not to spend all my time, energy or money in one area. As Black Friday looms in the near future with Christmas not far behind, I can see how this wisdom would apply. Though I'm not one to run up a credit card bill, I can overspend when it comes to energy and health. I can hear my chiropractor now, "Stop sitting on the floor when you wrap presents!" Nazar is an eye-shaped amulet believed to ward off injury or misfortune. The irony for me (because I don't believe in such things) is found in the name, which means 'attention' or 'surveillance.' When I'm in a hurry, focused on the future rather than what I'm doing at the moment, is when I'm most likely to make a mistake or hurt myself. Perhaps the real meaning of that eye is just to remind people to keep theirs wide open in the here and now.

4 comments:

  1. Yeaa!!! Black Friday!! When the annual Bonnie Hunter mystery starts. I'll be up at 6 AM cutting and sewing fabric :) All from stash, not spending money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mystery quilt time! How exciting to have something fun to look forward to. :)

      Delete
  2. I have done most of my Christmas shopping already. Granted I don't have to do much but it is pretty well 'wrapped up' HA! I read a month or so go that Mercury Retrograde is December 3-23 and all sorts of re-grets about shopping and hassles are ahead, so I got it done and in the basket. But I still have my 'eye' open for a deal or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We keep ours pretty simple, but we still have the 3 grandsons to buy for.

      Delete