I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Hands-On

From the Spirit Within Tarot, the Page of Pentacles; from the Answer Deck, 'Reconciliation:'
          I'm a lot like this Page in that I'm a 'hands-on' kind of gal. If I were trying to learn a new game, I might read the instructions, ask questions of someone who's played before and watch a game in action. But until I actually give it a go myself, I won't quite grasp the whole of things very well. There's just something about the 'doing' that makes the pieces click together in my brain. As much as I like hanging out in the intellectual playground, it's the practical, in-the-moment, real world where I feel most balanced and centered. It won't be a surprise then to tell you I'd rather meet someone in a coffee shop for a conversation than trade texts, emails and voicemails. This preference is even more important to me if there is an amends to be made or a misunderstanding to iron out (as the Reconciliation card implies). Besides, I can't actually hug someone over a phone.
To celebrate the sacrament of reconciliation means to be wrapped in a warm embrace.
~ Pope Francis

12 comments:

  1. Your comments about e-mail remind me of reconciling technology with actually having a life where you go outside and touch the Earth.

    I recently saw something on the news that people with cell phones in constant use, always checking, texting, holding it to their ears etc., will lose years over the course of their lifetime to the phone, plus it affects your sleep and not getting proper rest.

    Keep your foot on the ball--a better way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Keep your foot on the ball" - I like that one. :) I drive people crazy because I won't talk or text while driving, and my phone often stays in my pocketbook when I'm at home instead of in my hand. I spend enough time on the computer; I don't want to add to it with my phone too!

      Delete
  2. I love to read all about it, but when it comes down to it you just got to get your hands in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way. I do enjoy the reading and learning, but nothing beats getting the rest of me involved. :)

      Delete
  3. this page reminds me of Steve Irwin, total ball of fire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like his daughter has inherited his personality, and his son his looks. :)

      Delete
  4. I agree we have to get out of our head and once in while and make our hands dirty and play. Only then can we experience if we like what we have learned or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's the only way I'll be able to prove or disprove any theories I think up!

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely pairing! I see the need for some playfulness, as well as a hug, in order to build bridges :D

    What you say about actually doing feels so true to me, too. I have lots of excercise videos, and on some of the older ones especially they recommend that you watch them once through first before trying it. Pah - never done that in my life! Dive straight in and give it a go, say I :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rule-breakers, we are. :D I love the bridge as reconciliation. I hope that you get your deck soon (Spirit Within)!

      Delete
    2. Me too! I think Steven did such a great job with it! I was lucky enough to record an interview with him yesterday, too, and bemoaned my fate :D

      Delete