I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Changing the Channel

From the Daniloff Tarot, the Seven of Wands; from the Kuan Yin Sticks, Verse 38:
          Uh oh, this fellow appears to have lost his fierce-looking lion mask, and now he is being attacked by those below him. They see him simply as the man he is, not a fierce beast. Meanwhile, Kuan Yin beckons from the other side with this message:
The moon debuts in the evening sky, 
Yet passing clouds obscure it from view. 
Take heart, for when the clouds retreat, 
A glimmer of hope will trickle through. 
Both my daughter and I recently received notices from our health insurance provider (Blue Cross/Blue Shield) informing us that they are no longer offering policies for individuals in our county or the surrounding counties. In fact no insurance provider does. So because we must have insurance by law or pay a penalty, we have to use the ACA's marketplace to find policies for both of us. I've used the ACA before because of the insanely high premiums in our area, but my daughter has not. Her identity has to be 'verified,' which has caused all kinds of problems (even though we've sent three official types of identification). Like the man without his mask, my composure is beginning to crack with the stress. I'm hoping for a glimmer of hope in the form of a 'verified' email soon. I did receive something from Dr. Rick Hanson, however, about changing the channel of your mind when things go sideways and our daily practices don't help. It was manna from heaven.


11 comments:

  1. I overheard someone trying to register at my GP's practice the other day. The amount of ID required was phenomenal. I would struggle even though the same organisation was present at my birth...Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime I have to deal with the government, I should expect progress to be as slow as an arthritic, three-legged tortoise. :)

      Delete
  2. Erk. Still rather have our system though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Trump's efforts to sabotage the ACA is what has made many insurers pull out. If it weren't for Obamacare, no one who wasn't under a group policy would have insurance here.

      Delete
  3. Unmask the damn bullies. I too received the cancellation from Anthem BC/BS. It's November and now to shop for new insurer and coverage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pointing the finger at Trump. His egoic need to destroy Obamacare has caused all kinds of chaos.

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry you have to deal with this. Dealing with these kind of issues can be so d*mn frustrating
    Thank you for the link. it is indeed manna for the soul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack, bureaucracy can be such a PITA! I find it totally bizarre that an insurance company would stop insuring people based solely on the county they are in :o Good luck working your way through it all (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about five counties in all in the area where I live - mostly rural areas where medical costs are high. I know government wheels turn slowly, I just need to accept it! :D

      Delete