I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

It's Just a Phase

From the Wayfarer Tarot, the Moon; from A Curious Oracle, the 'Sun:'
          Vivid, bizarre dreams. Interrupted sleep. Overly-sensitive feelings. The phases of the moon represent the changeable moods we experience, sometimes because of outer stresses and other times because of buried information rising from the unconscious. Often it is the stress that triggers the released memories. The Grinch in me wants to write a snarky post because of the dark mood that engulfs me every holiday season. Yet I can emerge from these feelings if I remember and practice the words of Toni Packer:
  We are not the different states and feelings, moods and tempers succeeding one another. All of it comes and goes lightly, cloud-like, without leaving a trace, when thought doesn’t identify with any of it.
The Sun card is assigned the keyword 'recognition.' With clarity I can realize that I am not my emotions. When I stop identifying with them and narrating stories around them, they will pass. When I cease wishing things were or weren't a certain way, I can drop the cinder blocks tied to my waist and float, no matter what the tide.

4 comments:

  1. we don't fool with holidays anymore, they are a non-event. So the emotions that might assail me can be recognized for what they are.
    I do miss my tree sometimes though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With kids and grandkids, we do the days, BUT we keep things as simple and sane as possible.

      Delete
  2. Good post. The holidays can be a trying time. Your post reminds me not to ego identify with most of the hype. Still I wonder every year where does all the traffic and extra people come from and that probably tests my patience more than anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hype is such a huge part of it - like all the diamond jewelry ads on TV. As the saying goes, I'd rather have daisies on my table than diamonds around my neck.😊

      Delete