I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, February 20, 2012

A Flat Hand

   For the third day in a row, I have drawn another major arcana card from Waking the Wild Spirit, Soul Mates / Blessed Union (Lovers):

One must love with a flat hand.
Two lovers hold each other in the middle of a field of flowers.  A pair of snow geese fly overhead.  What does it mean to love with a "flat hand?"  An open palm allows me to give and receive.  It does not force anything on anyone, neither does it grasp with a desire to control.  The migrating snow geese fly in formation, yet they do not fly directly behind another.  Each must have a full view.  Likewise, love supports me, but allows me to make my own quest without demanding I change my beliefs.  Love gives me the courage to make this journey...

     The card chosen today from the Celtic Shaman's Pack is the "Crane:"

I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion.  These three are your greatest treasures. ~ Lao Tzu
The crane never wastes its energy; every move of this wading bird is done with focus and purpose.  Watching its ability to patiently stand still for long periods of time, with its laser-like attention, encourages me to develop a serene acceptance.  Rushing, pushing, or forcing will catch nothing in my net except frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment