I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, February 17, 2012

Break Time

This morning, I pulled the Four of Swords from the Transformational Tarot:
A woman rests her weary head as another person lays down a bloody sword.  This is the sword that has caused so much grief and worry - those things that swirl around in my mind with no solutions that seem to grow larger the more I think about them.  The bird in the cage behind them represents controlling my thoughts through meditation, rest, or some activity.  Then I can restore my spirit, allowing new ideas to inspire me instead of obsessing about an unsolvable issue.  Today I will drive over to spend the day with my mom; it will be a busy time filled with purpose and a bit of fun.  We've both had a lot of weighing on us lately, and it will be wonderful to have a carefree day to focus our thoughts and energy in a new direction.

     The card chosen from the Fallen Angel Oracle today is "Gusion:"
A decision presents itself - a fork in the road.
When I looked closely at the statue in this image, I noticed it was missing a head, bringing to mind an image of someone who isn't thinking rationally.  Gusion has taken the form of a wolf, standing at the bottom of the monument.  I was reading a nature awareness book the other day, and it commented that the alpha wolf is not necessarily the biggest or strongest wolf - it is the wolf that knows how to make the wisest decisions.  Brawn can only get you so far, and emotions often just cause more chaos.  Logic and seeing with a wide perception may be the best tools to use when I need to make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment