I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Purpose vs. Complaints

On this rainy Valentines Day morning, I chose the Ten of Wands from the Transformational Tarot:
"This is the true joy in life - being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy." ~ George Bernard Shaw
The symbolism of this card is pretty obvious - this lady has a lot weighing on her mind.  Her outward expression has been my inward attitude of late, grieving and feeling like my hands are tied in a number of situations.  But the good news about the meaning behind "ten" cards is that things are about to be resolved, one way or another.  My nephew, who was recently diagnosed with leukemia, is responding well to treatment.  The active addict/alcoholic in my life will probably soon wind up in jail (which is not a bad thing, considering the other alternatives).  The church is about to start paving the area they leveled, meaning when they finish, the bit of habitat not destroyed can recoup.  I hate stewing in problems, because I just wind up like the lady in this image.  And while there is not always a solution to everything, there usually are some small things I can do.  I can send cards and caps to my nephew, I can help care for the small children of the addict, and I can plant some trees in the habitat still standing.  If I am going to be worn out, I would rather it be for a purpose than a complaint.

     From the Fallen Angel Oracle today comes the card "Avnas:"
Apply calm reflection and insight to the situation.
This angel's pillar of flame is what can pierce through my understanding of circumstances, enabling me to see them in a different light.  I suppose it is human nature for our first reaction to the unexpected to be emotional, rather than logical.  But calm rationality is what can lead me from the chaos...

No comments:

Post a Comment