I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sharp Curves Ahead

From the Rohrig Tarot, the Chariot:

With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~ Ayrton Senna da Silva, Brazilian racing driver
Formula One cars are considered to be the fastest in the world, reaching speeds up to 220 mph.  Drivers have no roll bars or other type of protection built around them; they rely on their skill and quick judgment calls.  Even a tiny miscalculation can result in death.  If the driver is to reach his goal safely, emotions that might affect his performance must be left behind.  Knowing one's weaknesses and being able to mentally control them are vital.  This card emphasizes the importance of self-knowledge, will-power, and discipline when I am trying to overcome my challenges and meet my objectives.

     From the Masters Tarot comes the "Wolves:"
The wolves represent false prophets, or people who promote their own agendas for their personal gain.  These folks are often eloquent, charismatic speakers who can make just about anyone enthusiastic about what they are selling.  But why are we so easily taken in?  For me personally, I am vulnerable when I am look for the softer, quicker way of doing things.  Instead of being willing to do the hard work to achieve what I want, I risk my money, self-respect and even health to get instant results (which of course never materialize).  As I've gotten older, it's become harder for others to take advantage of me - a red flag pops up when I hear honey-dipped words and extravagant promises.  I know that success comes through my efforts, not through taking short-cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment