I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, June 8, 2012

Creating and Receiving

    From the Art of Tarot, the Ace of Pentacles:
The Aces contain such potential, but the possibilities will come to nothing without action from me.  If someone gives me a grill for barbecuing that comes in pieces in a box, I have to put it together if I am going to use it.  In the image above, the invitation to the garden luncheon will be useless unless the guests come.  As Thoreau alludes to, there is a difference between observing life and fully experiencing it (which will require my involvement and participation).  My opportunities will be wasted if I don't take advantage of them; they will be the gifts I fail to open.

     From the Tao Oracle this morning comes "The Receptive:
The painting of a pregnant belly with a lotus at the heart chakra represents the quality of yielding and allowing.  Most people want to praise the active creative quality and denigrate the receptive quality.  But just ask anyone who's brought an important, beneficial idea to a bunch of closed-minded board members, and they'll tell you just how essential it is in any project or undertaking.  Today I will try to not keep my cup so full, that there is no room for anything else to be added to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment