I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Retreats and Deliverance

From the Art of Tarot, the Hermit:
The name of this painting is Solitude, watching the horizon at sunset in hope of seeing a vessel.  This card reminds me of the long walks I take in the early morning, away from the distraction of phones, internet, TV and people.  It gives me a chance to touch base with my inner self, a spiritual check-up if you will.  It allows me to peel back the layers and see what is behind any obsessive thoughts, emotional turmoil, or any sense of apathy.  It also allows me to acknowledge and appreciate all the things for which I can be grateful.  But most importantly, I can form a plan of action for getting myself back on track when I've wandered off.  I love time-outs for adults.

     From the Tao Oracle comes "Deliverance:"
We've been under drought conditions for some time now, and in this area where so many farmers depend on rain for their crops it has become quite serious.  But last night we had a band of thunderstorms come through, bringing life-giving rain.  Unfortunately, the front triggered a migraine in me, and I spent most of the night wondering if I should try driving myself to the emergency room.  But at dawn when I awoke for my walk, most of the pain had gone; everywhere I looked what had once been brown now glowed with green.  It was a feeling of deliverance, and my heart is full this morning with thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment