I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Swimming Goggles and Hiking Boots

From the Shadowscapes Tarot, the Queen of Cups:
Not only is this queen at home in her element, she revels and dances in it.  She doesn't want to be just an observer, she prefers to be in the flow of things.  But this tenderhearted, empathetic woman has more going for her than being in touch with her emotions.  She has a deep psychic well from which she draws; her intuitive sense is so sharp, she feels it in her body in addition to knowing it in her mind.  The Queen of Cups reminds me to be sensitive to all around me, not only from information provided by my five senses, but from my inner guide too.

     From the set of cedar runes today comes "Sowilo:"

The Sun is ever the hope of seamen
When they fare over the fishes' bath,
Until the sea-steed
Brings them to land.

Anglo-Saxon Rune Poem
Sowlilo ("sun") is a rune of guidance and success.  The tricky thing about this guide is that it will take you to the doorstep only; I am the one who must do the work if I want to successfully bring things to fruition.  I have the tools I need and a map to show me the direction, but I've got to put on my hiking boots and get moving to reach the destination I'm seeking.

No comments:

Post a Comment