I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, June 23, 2012

What's Growing in Your Garden?

This week I'll be using the Spiral Tarot; both the deck and companion book were created by Kay Steventon.  Today's card is the Seven of Pentacles:
Kneeling in the dirt, this woman examines the soil and seeds she's just planted.  From the abundance of produce growing behind her, I know she is an accomplished farmer.  She's tilled the soil, removed any stones and weeds, planted the seeds, and then watered them.  Now she peers closely to see if there are any grubs or other insects that might be a problem down the line.  Even after the crops come in, this woman will evaluate them to see what she did right and what she needs to do differently the next time.  The Seven of Pentacles emphasizes the need to maintain the continuous effort and nurturing care of a project from beginning to end.  The success of what I want to grow and develop in my life will depend on it.

     The oracle deck I'll be using this week is called the Sacred Journey Cards, created by Cheryl Thiele.  This morning's draw is "Generosity:"
Generosity can be shown in many ways; offering time, energy and attention can be just as important as anything material given.  But I think whatever is given makes the biggest difference when it is given with an open heart.  The other day, my daughter and I were discussing one of our favorite characters on the show "Necessary Roughness."  Nico does a lot for many people; he does some things out of a feeling of obligation, while other gestures come from genuine care and concern.  I think actions born from a full heart are the ones that have the power to transform not only the recipient, but also the giver. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment