I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, September 14, 2012

From the Victorian Romantic, the Wheel of Fortune:
This image is based on an engraving of a painting done by Hermann Vogel, entitled "Heinrich the Fowler."  It shows Heinrich out mending bird nets when he is informed he had inherited the German crown.  Life is full of surprises, some good and some not so good.  If I want to serenely ride the Ferris wheel of life with all its changes, I must learn to loosen my hold on attachments and expectations, and be flexible and fearless enough to embrace the opportunities that come my way.  I wonder if King Heinrich ever wished for the simple life back in the forests...

From the Flowers' Messages comes "Chrysanthemums - Brotherhood:"
This week began with the suicide and funeral of a fellow I was acquainted with, and will end with a baby shower for another person expecting twins.  From pain and grief to joy and celebration, the hurt seems more bearable and the celebrations even happier when there are friends to offer support.   


1 comment: