I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, September 21, 2012

World-weary or Excited?

From the Vision Quest Tarot, the Mother of Water (Queen of Cups):
For the past few days, I've been dragging myself around feeling like I'm in a fog.  I told my husband that I wasn't feeling apathetic because I still cared about things, but I was just tired of caring.  I feel worn out from it.  So I was not too surprised to read in the LWB one of the key phrases for this card (besides the usual "compassion and empathy") was world-weariness.  That describes my current mindset to a "T."  But as I look at this image I see the woman is holding two cups instead of just one.  She keeps one full for herself so that she can offer the other cup to other people.  It would be easy to blame people, places, and things from preventing me in keeping my own cup full, but that would not be the truth.  Sometimes I just need to make "me" a priority.

From the Bird Cards comes the "Rooster:"
I am a morning person who loves to be up before the daylight.  But I'm not the perky, bouncing-on-my-toes kind of morning person; I prefer a quiet peacefulness to start my day.  But here is Rooster, encouraging me to be excited about the day ahead.  Instead of making a list of things I have to do, I look with pleasure at the things I get to do.  This will take some practice...


2 comments:

  1. is that a cat swimming with the fish? Part of the cats story of nine lives is because they think of themselves first, leaving the 99% of the rest of the time to be velcro cats without worry. We all know the lesson, learning to apply it is the only hard part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is actually a river otter, but I'm glad you thought it was a cat, otherwise I would not have ever heard of the "nine lives of cats" story. :) I'm good at advocating it but have a hard time living it!

      Delete