I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sharing Talents

From the Victorian Romantic Tarot, the Three of Cups:
These women - the scholar/writer, the artist, and the musician - are friends who have gathered to have fun and share their talents with each other.  This card reminds me of my great-grandmother who, with her sisters, left husbands and children to tour Europe in the early 1900's.  Each sister had a task depending on her skills, such as journal keeper, money manager, or excursion planner.  Now, almost 100 years later, I can read all about their adventures abroad in the daily notes that were kept.  I don't have a stadium full of friends, but those I do have are very diverse in their beliefs, knowledge, and skills.  These differences are of no consequence because of our love and respect for each other, and they make our get-togethers even more enjoyable and exciting.  

From the Flowers' Messages, the "Begonia - Self Acceptance:"
Like the card above, my friends have amazing talents, whether as an artist, quilt-maker, nurse, mother, academic, or spiritual trailblazer.  It is sometimes hard not to compare myself to them and find my talents in many areas sorely lacking.  Yet if I am honest with myself, I know that I have gifts as well.  What a dull world this would be if we all shared the same talents!

No comments:

Post a Comment