I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Reaching Out with No Agenda

For the new week, I'll be using the World Spirit Tarot, illustrated by Lauren O'Leary with text by O'Leary and Jessica Godino.  Today's draw is the Five of Swords:
This is an unusual take on the RWS version of this card, as the injured person is in the foreground, front and center, rather than the "winner."  In the battle of intellect and words, there is rarely a win-win situation.  I've been where this guy is now, hurt by what's been said and the way it was said.  But I must look at the part I played in the clash too.  It's easy to get caught up in the beliefs that "my opinions are based on fact" and "I have the right to be heard."  However, it is doubtful a debate will persuade either of us, especially if the only goal we have is not to listen to each other but to change the other person's point of view.  In the big scheme of things, sometimes the argument is just not that important (though I'm sure my ego will argue otherwise). 

The new oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Mystic Glyphs created by Barb Rogers.  This morning's card is the "Creator:"
This card is not about some Higher Power as I first thought, but the connections I have in the world I live in.  What am I creating in my relationships with others?  Do I realize the need to reach out to others, both to give and to receive?  What is my purpose here anyway?  It is easy to let life slip away while I pursue my selfish agendas; now is the time to wake up, do some soul-searching, and nurture those connections before they're gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment