I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

BS Detectors

From the Fey Tarot, the Queen of Swords:
When I first did my draw this morning, I pulled the card companies sometimes put in their decks that lists all the other decks they publish.  "Hmm... guess I better read the fine print today," I thought and chuckled to myself.  But then I pulled the Queen of Swords - maybe that first card wasn't so far off after all.  This queen reminds me to keep my BS detector in fine working order to prevent me from being swayed by emotional manipulations.  I can use her sword to cut through the icing and see what the cake is made of underneath.

Pulled from the Crystal Deva Cards today is "Zincite:"
This mineral is so named because of its zinc content, an element needed by humans for healthy growth and development.  A daily intake of zinc is also needed for the sense of smell and taste.  It seems logical that the keyword "sensuality" has been chosen for it.  Combining this card with the Queen above, it reminds me that while my intellect is a useful tool, my senses help me experience life, not just talk about it.

2 comments:

  1. Love your take on the QoS, so true lol! (She's my usual Significator ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to be a two-sided coin - one side is the Queen of Pents and the other side the Queen of Swords. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete