I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Proceed at the Pace of Guidance

From the Daniloff Tarot, the Seven of Coins:
In a field a farmer pauses, resting on a tree and propped up by the handles of his hoe and shovel.  The Seven of Coins is a time of assessment and generally requires two things to be useful: stillness and objectivity.  It's easy to keep busy and stay distracted from what is actually growing in my fields.  I only get a good look at the fruits of my labor when I can stop long enough to truly focus.  But once I take that look, I must look as an outsider would, such as a potential buyer at a farmer's market.  Does the produce appear ripe and healthy or undernourished and plagued by pests?  The coin by his right foot looks rather plain, as if it hasn't had time to mature.  Am I rushing headlong into the harvest without waiting for the fruit to mature?  In this pause as I evaluate what I have cultivated, I must decide what is working and what needs to be changed.

From the Kuan Yin Oracle comes stick #68, "Spring Days:"
When spring comes
and the days grow longer,
the flowers bloom more and more luxuriously.
All is set free at last.
This poem speaks of a future event - spring - in which good things come to pass.  Taken with the card above, I see it as a message to be patient and to keep hoeing my field.  Dumping tons of fertilizer in order to rush the process won't do any good, it will just cause harm.  As a friend of mine is fond of saying, "Move at the speed of guidance." 

4 comments:

  1. The Daniloff reminds me of Patrick Valenza's work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah moving at the speed of guidance. Never more important than now in the new time we are in. If we move too fast even if it is toward something positive we can miss some small important thing that not noticing will make that move harder. For me, can bring things to a stand still sometimes.

    ReplyDelete