I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Choosing and Doing

From the Gill Tarot, the Princess of Discs (Page of Pentacles):
Every time I see this card in the Gill deck with the bull in the background and the red of her skirt, I think this princess has enough stubbornness to learn to do whatever she sets her mind on doing.  But I think she must be a bit like me when learning something new - I can read all the instructions and books I want, but until I physically get started I'm still lost.  A friend sent my family a board game for the holidays called "Ticket to Ride."  Although it doesn't have a lot of rules to play, it wasn't until we all actually tried to play the game that we had a firm grasp on how to play it (and it was fun!).  If I'm going to attempt something new, I need to be persistent, read the "how to," and then give it a go so I can polish my skills along the way.  I'm definitely a "learn by doing" kind of gal.

From The Circle deck comes "Choice:"
Will it be door number one, two, three or four?  They all have a bright, inviting light shining through the doorway.  They remind me of all the things I want to learn about and do.  But its hard not to have a remote control mentality and switch back and forth, taking a piece of this and a piece of that.  If I want to seriously study or learn a new skill, I'm going to have to choose one, and invest my time in it for a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment