I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Chaining My Cheetah

This week I'll be using the Golden Tarot, created by Kat Black.  Today's draw is the High Priestess:
 Dozens of such New Age authors could bring their works together into one large volume entitled, “How To Become Aware of the Depths of Your Being Without Disturbing the Routine of Your Comfortable Lifestyle.”  ~ Lew Paz
My initial thought upon drawing the High Priestess was "Know Thyself," but not the kind of knowing that has to do with intellectual analysis.  Just look at her face; she's in the "zone" and her book is closed.  The wisdom she's pulling from is deep within, way past the ego and any "how to" books.  She encourages me to "chain my cheetah" - be still, quiet my mind, and listen to my Higher Self.  While all the distractions float merrily along on the surface, deep down below I'll hear what I need to know if I'm patient and receptive.  And though it may be beneficial to me, it won't inflate my ego.  Instead, it will have the potential to alter my attitude and behavior.

The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Yantra Deck, created by Karl Schaffner and Maya Deva Adjani.  Today's card is "Grace - being guided:"
 In the companion book it states: "By stepping outside our ego we receive understanding and inspiration from an alternate perspective, which shows us direction and provides wisdom beyond words."  I like that "beyond words" part.  I can hear and read all sorts of suggestions, but what I need is to experience them from a source that is beyond the reach of all human ulterior motives (the High Priestess tells me how above).  As Krishnamurti said, "What will bring peace is inward transformation, which will lead to outward action. Inward transformation is not isolation, is not withdrawal from outward action. On the contrary, there can be right action only when there is right thinking and there is no right thinking when there is no self-knowledge. Without knowing yourself, there is no peace."


  

2 comments:

  1. Or she is 'broody'. I have a cochin that looks the same way. She is SO determined to stay in the nest...
    Snowing here first time, just a skiff but is so pretty in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is this "snow" you speak of? I may have read about it in a book once... :)

      Delete