I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Monotonous Movement

From the Hezicos Tarot, the Nine of Wands:
With a little acorn cap as a helmet, this fellow stands guard on a hilltop.  I can almost hear him sigh, but not from exhaustion.  Those mushrooms growing next to him tell me there's not been much foot traffic on that spot for some time.  And though the wands behind him tell of exciting adventures in the past when challenges were faced and met, these days things have been rather routine... and boring.  I am reminded by this card that as I try to achieve a goal or follow a dream, it is often not other people who are my biggest test of strength.  A steady pace (even though I'm making progress) can feel restrictive and monotonous, and suddenly I find I'm looking for something different to entertain myself with.  This card reminds me to be aware of the obstacles I put in my own path that can distract me from my purpose.

From the Way of the Horse comes "Point of View:"
These two horses stand on a grassy summit, looking out on the land below them.  From this hill they have a view of where they have come from, where they are headed, and what they need to be aware of as they continue on.  If I can pause and look back, I do see some progress even though at times I feel like I'm only treading water.  Yet I must also be honest and realize that winning the lottery or having a fairy godmother to grant my wishes is unlikely.  I'm going to have to keep plodding along - it is my effort that will get me to the place I want to go.


2 comments:

  1. Funny how some days we are our own worst enemy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely; my little monkey mind loves to be distracted!

      Delete