I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Not What I Planned

From the Hezicos Tarot, Justice:
One of life's hardest lessons is that if I want my life to change, I must take responsibility.  True, there are things beyond my control, but most of what I experience is because of choices I have made.  In some cases, the result was never my intention - things just didn't turn out as planned.  Take my tomcat for instance.  He would constantly wake me at 5:00am (or whenever he felt hungry) much in the same manner as Simon's cat minus the bat.  So I figured I could get an extra hour of sleep by getting an automatic feeder for dry food; he could nibble when he was hungry and I could sleep.  Unfortunately, now he is the size of a well-fed bear cub.  So I have disappeared the "magic feeder" and have my furry alarm clock back again.  I've had to face the consequences and make some changes to bring things back in balance; I'd rather have a healthy kitty than an extra hour of sleep.

From the Way of the Horse deck comes "Believe:"
"Spiritual realization is to see clearly that what I perceive, experience, think, or feel is ultimately not who I am, that I cannot find myself in those things that continually pass away." ~ Eckhart Tolle
How differently my life would be if I lived without self-centeredness, if I understood that I am more than my thoughts and emotions.  No wonder my choices constantly throw the scales of Justice out of balance!  This card encourages me to discover my center in the Infinite that courses through me and all things.  If I could make my decisions from that Higher Self rather than my ego, I don't think I would have to worry so much about results.  

  

2 comments:

  1. I think there is a problem with her logic, that hat would never stay on without being pinned to the scalp.
    We have the same situation with our Conway. He lives by Scarlett's motto, I'll never be hungry again"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobby pins... lots of them. When I think of my grandmother and her cronies (and all the hats they wore) I know they would never have gotten through a metal detector. :)
      I wonder why some animals seem to have a "shut off" valve in their brain and others don't? His mom was a stray cat I took in when I found her half dead from starvation and injuries (and pregnant). She never overeats, even with the history she's had.

      Delete